Tuesday, October 28, 2014

From me to you

To my beautiful children: 

Do you know how much I love you?  Do you realize what I would not do for you?  Probably not at this early stage in your lives.  My heart is overflowing with joy and thankfulness that God has blessed me and your dad with your little hearts to care for.  We are so not worthy, and you will see us mess up so many times.  Forgive us, please?  Don't expect us to have all the answers- because WE DON'T!  You are a precious gift to us, and we value the times that we get to spend with you.  

Tickling your toes, scrubbing your heads with watermelon shampoo and making you laugh from the bubbles, playing superhero or baby dolls, building massive amounts of forts on the deck or in the living room, watching your favorite movie over and over again, or reading your favorite books over and over again till the words are ingrained in all our minds! ("My name is Skippito Friskito") :-)  

Even if there is ketchup stuck to the inside of the refrigerator, or battery operated toys thrown in the tub water, dirty socks behind your beds, sippy cups from here to kingdom come, I thank God that He has given me the privilege of bringing you into this world and caring for you! 

Your smiles are infectious and your love for me and Dad warms me from the inside out.  I may seem tired and stressed at the end of the day, but I will always make time for you.  When you are older and not quite as cuddly, I will still want to know everything about you and learn and grow with you, trusting that you will feel that you can come to us with anything that your heart is experiencing at any given time.  

Through all the stages of growing and developing that are in store for you, I know God has a plan to draw you closer to Him, and for that I pray every day that your hearts are soft towards Him.  Soft towards His great love, and the relationship He yearns to have with you.  You were formed and created beautifully by Him, the Grand Master of the Universe!  And His love for you far outweighs anything that Dad and I can show you. 

So if you see our faults and our mistakes, know that we are also clinging to the love that our Father shows us in spite of who we are, and the mistakes that we fail to make day-in and day-out.  Because of His grand design in sending His Son for you and for us, we have a hope that we will spend eternity with Him because of what He has accomplished for us.  And that is my prayer for you as well.  Grow into the man and woman that God desires for you to be.  Seek Him with all your heart, trust that in His INFINITE wisdom, He knows and has your very best interests at heart.  

You are my sunshine, and you make me happy just thinking about your little personalities and I am excited to see what God will do in and through you!  All my love to you my Matthew-peanut and Emmy-bear! 

Love, Mommy 


No comments:

Post a Comment