Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What I'm Thankful For

Remember those days in elementary school when your teacher asked you to make a list of the top 5 or 10 things that you were thankful for?  The standard responses were "My parents, my brothers and sisters, food, a house and clothes". 

The older I've gotten, the more I realize ALL that God has truly blessed me with in life.  Through the rough patches and the the good times, God has been so faithful to me, and I am in awe of the ways that He has provided for and sustained me through every season of life that I have found myself in.  

As a mom, sometimes it's hard to step back and focus on those things in the midst of the nitty-gritty details of life's harrowing moments and stress of the day-to-day activities and duties.  Sometimes it's nice to take a "time-out" and sit down to reflect on those things that God has done for me.  

He has saved and redeemed me, bought me out of the slavery of sin.  He's forgiven me and declared me as His child and co-heir with Christ.  He has provided for my every need, from childhood through adulthood.  He has blessed me with a family who raised me with the values that I hold so dear, and who have loved me through the many facets of my life.  He has given me my wonderful husband, my best friend, who I have grown up with, and love more than words could describe.  He's allowed me the privilege of carrying and giving birth to 2 beautiful children, who continually bring out my failures, and yet also show me more of God's grace as Keith & I raise them.  

In between ALL of that, God has done so many things for me, that it would fill pages if I sat down and wrote them all out.  God has always been faithful to me, and has held me in the palm of His hand through life's joys, trials and circumstances.  For that I am truly thankful this Thanksgiving.  My Abba Father carries me in His arms, and tells me that He will never leave me.  What a comfort to cling to no matter what is happening in life- good or bad.  


No comments:

Post a Comment